Sunday, January 4, 2009

Any personal animosity towards the Japanese or German people?

The bitter memories of the World War II, which were haunting me for certain period of my life became enriching and energizing ones. To be in Pearl Harbor, the place where the U.S.A. first became involved in that awful World War, and to stand in the exact spot on the Missouri where the surrender document was signed, made me deeply meditate on how precious life, along with our present blessings associated with freedom, really is. Our lives have been changed from indescribable tragedy to boundless joy!

I found myself spending time in heartfelt prayer, whether sitting in Waikiki Beach enjoying God’s delightful creation, or lying in bed at night next to the love of my life, my precious, faithful wife Cathy.

How privileged we are to be alive, even with the various problems we have to contend with, such as old age, sickness, and what-have-you. Let us never take our many blessings for granted, or lose our joy in the worship of our Heavenly creator.

Regarding the sufferings in the World War along with Japanese death camps and German the death camp slaves some have asked me whether I still have any personal animosity towards the Japanese or German people. My simple, emphatic answer is: No, I do not. I have come to appreciate that in every nation there is good, and there is evil. The Bible book of Acts says it well:

“For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in

every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness

is acceptable to Him.”

Cathy and I have wholeheartedly accepted the significance of those words. It is a simple indication that a spiritual outlook in life can help one gain peace, as well as hope, comfort and joy.

The WW II story which is explained in the book of World War II is mostly filled with lot of suffering aspects, but we should take it as inspiring ones. The Japanese death camps in Ambarawa were horrible. This WWII story is explained through a kid’s view on WWII by Mr. Ralph and Cathy Brink.

No comments: